Monday, July 7, 2008

Call Me Crazy

I told Billy this morning as we left the Wallyworld parking lot that I had decided something I wanted to do.  Since I found the blogging world I have become interested in "decorating on a dime" so I wanted to stop at a thrift store in every state we drove through.  He just rolled his eyes and looked at me like I was crazy.

So far it has not quite worked out. I did stop at two in TN but our journey through Kentucky was short and our journey through Illinois was after 5pm so no junking in those states.  I'll try to make it up tomorrow in Missouri.

IMG_0053We found some nice antique stores in Lebanon, TN (according to the brochure "the Antique City of the South"). I was so happy when we got there and the first thing I saw was "The Quilt Emporium".  Unfortunately it had been closed since December.

IMG_0062 The antique stores were around the town square.

IMG_0058 This was the third floor of one of them.

IMG_0059 Neddy Jacobs Cabin in Lebanon, TN

IMG_0080 My Goodwill purchases. Total of $3.50.

IMG_0081 My antique store purchases.  Cherub planter and cat planter.

I let Billy stop at CamperWorld in Nashville.  We went right by Opryland, wish we had time to stop.

IMG_0064 IMG_0068In Kentucky the point of interest was the Kentucky Dam and the largest lake in the SE United States.

IMG_0072

IMG_0073This was a beautiful IL sunset but I almost missed the picture.

As I write this Billy is being entertained by spotting all the deer in the fields in Illinois.

We are staying tonight in the WallyWorld parking lot in O'Fallon, IL, which is just east of St. Louis, MO.

No comments: