Sunday, July 20, 2008

Early Morning Departures & We Didn't Mean to Be Gone All Day

IMG_0331 This is Ashley & Brian Loftis.  They are twins.  They really love each other but they just don't know it.  They are from Gastonia, NC. They came on the trip with Vickie & Tim who are good friends of their parents.

Image1 I just realized I did not have a picture of Tim & Vickie Ederidge from Greenville, NC together so I made one.IMG_0421 Jimmie & Betty Hardy from Greenville, NC & Sue & Lendy & Sue Edwards from Shalimar, FL.  Betty and Sue are sisters.  They headed for Canada this morning.

All of these left today along with Gayle & Clifton (picture yesterday).

Today was grocery shopping day and Sharon, Lois & I decided to go to Butte. On the way we stopped in Silverstar at a antique yard sale. I had heard about a quilt show in Whitehall and that was right on our way so we stopped there.  The town of Whitehall was having Frontier Days complete with craft vendors & a parade.  We shopped the vendors and went to the quilt show but got out of town before the parade started.IMG_0425 This was my favorite quilt in the show.IMG_0426 I liked this one too.IMG_0429 IMG_0430 This was the guild fabric challenge.                                               

IMG_0434 IMG_0435 In the same building they were having a flower show.

IMG_0437 As we were leaving we looked across the street and there was a quilt shop so of course we had to visit it.  That's my friend Lois making a purchase.

Then we were on our way to Butte.  Just on the edge of town we saw a Garage Sale sign. We had heard there were a few thrift shops in Butte so we made some stops before getting to the grocery store.

This is my yard sale and thrift store buys for the past three days.

Grid 12 Starting at top left:

  • Twin size eyelet dust ruffle $1.00
  • Glue spreader $1.00
  • 10 x 13 pyrex dish $1.00
  • Brand new $20 walker basket for 25 cents (Linda do you need this?)
  • Turntable Scrabble $4.00
  • Tupperware pickle holder $1.00
  • Frenchfry Cutter $.50
  • Polarfleese scarf $1.00
  • Like new Osterizer blender $3.00 (my best buy)
  • Large wood tray $1.00
  • Star vinegar cruet $.50

Image9

  • Poodle planter $1.00
  • Blueridge plates $3.00
  • Sunflower Teapot $2.00

That's a lot of stuff for $20.25 and I did buy less than Sharon & Lois.

The guys were glad to see us back at 5:30 in time to fix supper.

A new team is coming in tomorrow so I might loose my cooking job.

No comments: