Sunday, May 24, 2009

Billy goes to Bayfield

IMG_1596

Thursday morning at 6:30 I kissed Billy goodbye as he headed out on his trip to Bayfield, CO.  He will be gone until the end of July.  I think he’s going miss me and I know I’ll miss him.

I will attempt to blog his adventures back here at home as long as he does his part and sends me pictures so the rest of this post is from Billy.

IMG00085

I left home on Thur. morning and met up with 5 other men ( J D Clapp, Carey Fleming, Billy Royal, Garlin Patrick, Randy Thomas) in Mocksville.

IMG_1600

JD taking his turn in the back seat.

IMG_1604

We drove through the night (36 hours) and arrived in South Fork at what is called the barn. This barn belongs to a man who visits here about 1 time a month. He stays in the main house and lets family and others stay in the barn which to me is better than most motels. After breakfast and devotions on Sat morning we headed for Bayfield.

IMG_1609

I thought I had been in hills before but today we crossed Wolf Pass. Around 10,000 feet up and some of GOD's best views.

IMG_1612

We stopped along the way down the mountain and viewed the road below where we were headed. We arrived in Bayfield, Co about 10:30 Saturday morning and began set up of bunks, unloaded gear and food. I set up our camper and started running temporary sewer lines. The shower / laundry unit arrived from TX. around 11:30. After lunch we continued with unpacking and set up. Garlin and Carey built me some steps and a hitch support due to the height of my camper. The others went to Wal-Mart to buy food and boots. By mid afternoon the rain had set in and we called it a day. .

IMG_1617

We woke up to rain on Sunday. After breakfast and cleaning up we went upstairs to Sunday school and then church.  Three people had told us the crowd would be off due to people gone for Memorial Day, However we saw a sanctuary 80% full and when we asked the Pastor he said yes attendance was down today. This tells me that the new larger sanctuary is needed. It has rained off and on all morning and after lunch hail fell for about 30 minutes. Now the sun has come out and it is warming up.

IMG_1603

Rex and Lois arrived from Texas.

IMG_1608

JD having some fun at the ranch.

No comments: