Sunday, May 26, 2013

Billy’s Birthday Week

teams

Teams: 1-Region 8/7/9 Feeding Team-Herb, Louise & Paul; 2-University of FL-BCM; 3-Westwood Baptist Church, Cary;  4-Steven Jones & Ted Hawkins, Sneads Ferry Baptist Church.

FL & TED

On Monday the Florida team started a tear out.  The rest of the home will be done once the owners move their personal stuff out.  Kris and Maggie did the devotion for us on Monday night. On Tuesday, their last day here, they joined Ted & Steven as they removed foam insulation from under a home.  It has been seven months since Sandy visited New Jersey and there is still water in the foam.

Westwood

The group from Cary split up into three teams.   Team one cut hung and started finishing sheet rock.  They also did a little yard work.

Westwood 2

Team two spent the week in Seaside Park rebuilding what use to be a fishing shack before they were all converted to homes. They rebuilt walls, reworked sheeting, hung three pocket doors and installed vinyl along with hanging insulation.  Team three did trim work.

Ann

Monday we went to the grand opening of the Lavallette boardwalk.  The whole Lavallette Elementary School was there to see Gov. Christie.  I managed to get close enough to get a picture made with him.( if I would have bent down a little you could have seen Billy) It’s been a good week for walking and I saw this beautiful porch in the town of Manasquan.

Ann1

Thursday was Billy’s birthday so I decided I would spend the day with him.  I helped him fog a house which was a first for me. I rode around with him most of the day checking on jobs.  I made it back to the kitchen in time to make him (and everyone else) banana pudding for supper.

Ann

No comments: