Thursday, August 28, 2008

Faith Christian Ministries

Today was our first day volunteering at the thrift shop.  Mema & I worked really hard from 9 am until 2 pm but it was actually fun.  We mainly sorted clothing, lots of clothing.  Of course I found something there I wanted to buy, a pair of duck boots and two movies.  They would not take any money, saying volunteers did not have to pay for items.  I told them that with me that could be dangerous and they better set a limit. I carried my camera around in my pocket all day and forgot to take any pictures.

Billy, Ronnie, Brandon & Al went to Camp Caraway yesterday to wire the new camp directors house being build there.  They had a very productive day.  They forgot to take a camera with them.

The Baptist Men are preparing for call outs with hurricane Gustav looming.  Let's pray that he calms down before reaching the Gulf Coast and pray for the safety of those along his path.

No comments: